Museum Het Belfort
A unique historic monument that is not only the beating heart of the city of Sluis but also a vibrant venue for concerts, lectures, exhibitions, and an engaging museum.
What can you expect at the Belfort in Sluis?
- Multifunctional Historic Building: The Belfort serves as a venue for municipal meetings, cultural events, and is also a museum.
- The Council Cellar: In this historical space, regularly changing exhibitions take place. You will also find a small old prison cell.
- The Council Chamber: This beautiful hall is used for wedding ceremonies, concerts, and presentations. Admire the richly decorated vierschaar fence and the coats of arms that are important to Sluis.
- History of Sluis: On the second floor, you will learn about Sluis's heyday under the Burgundian dukes and the role of the city as a military stronghold and modern trade center.
- Van Dale and Language: Dedicated to Johan Hendrik van Dale, a famous Sluis resident, this floor focuses on his life, work, and the importance of dictionaries.
- The Belfort Tower: Climbing to the tower offers a magnificent view over Sluis and the surrounding area.
- Unique Attractions: In addition to the historical and cultural richness, the Belfort offers unique exhibitions and a deep dive into local history.
Discover the Historical Splendor of the Belfort
Whether you are interested in local history, architecture, or simply want to enjoy a stunning view, the Belfort in Sluis offers an unforgettable experience.
For informationGroote Markt 1, Sluis
tel. +31 117 712 604